Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Welcome To Church Party!

A few weeks ago, Hillsong Church had an event called "Welcome to Church Party". Well, it was basically a party for newcomers to church and also College. So on a cold winters night, I walked to church at 7:15pm to attend this party. At the entrance we had to register and give our names and info, you know the basic stuff. Being a Malaysian, I arrived 30 minutes after the party has started, so by the time I got there the foyer was already packed.

Good thing there was still food. Hehe, I kinda went for the food because I haven't had dinner yet la. Anyway there were some college students helping out to carry trays around and serve people food. It was just some finger food like pies and spring rolls. They had some desserts also like some fruit tarts and chocolate tarts. So fattening...

After filling our stomachs, me and some friends went home around 9:30pm. It was a fun night that ended early. I'm a good girl, I go home and sleep early. Hehe, my parents read my blog so I must blog carefully. Lolz~



You can see how packed it was inside by the length of the coffee line. Yeap, it's long and the Aussies love their coffee.



They set the foyer up like a small party kinda thing, so we had our own Hillsong live band jazzing up the place. They used the resource centre as the stage. Haha.




This is the drummer again, Gabriel Kelly. If you've seen my previous post of "Elevate", you would have seen him in one of the pictures.





This is our Senior Pastor (I think la..) Joel A'Bell. He was standing on the juice bar and giving some announcements. He was introducing and thanking some of the Hillsong staff and all. After he was done, we watched some powerpoint about Hillsong church.



This was the powerpoint they put up. It just kinda summarized all the different areas of church like City Care, Sisterhood, Powerhouse, etc..



We were sitting on the cold tile floor watching the powerpoint.


Everyday as I walk home, I pass through this tiny water fountain. But tonight, the Brazilians wanted to take some pictures. So these are my small bunch of friends. The 2 girls beside me are the Brazilians Natalie and Karin. The 3 guys behind are Florian, Sung, and Moritz. Florian and Moritz are the Germans and Sung is Korean.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com