Friday, February 27, 2009

The Church Goes to Capitol Theatre.

Okay first off, some information!

The Capitol Theatre is one of the most famous theatres in Sydney. It is located in the heart of the city and many plays have been held there, for example, The Lion King, Miss Saigon, etc etc. It is a beautiful theatre with the ceili
ng designed as the night sky (twinkling stars included) and many statues decorating the entire theatre.


But the coolest thing is the management of the Capitol Theatre gave Hillsong Church an opportunity to test out the theatre. So, last Sunday we had church at the Capitol Theatre!! It was super cool and the seats are so comfy that it was so hard not to fall asleep. Best of all, I was on Choir too so I got to be on stage. Okay okay, anyway the Choir got to use the dressing rooms to warm up and keep our bags, so these are some pictures of the dressing room.



These mirrors with the lights just remind me so much of those Hollywood stars! So GLAM!! These are my friends from Choir.





The singers from Hillsong were using the "Hollywood" mirrors to put on their make up & I wanted to use the mirrors too so I took out my lipgloss. Hahahaha!





My friends Summer, Sneha & Eun. By the way, this was taken at 7:30am so my eyes still cannot open yet.






I can imagine the costumes from "The Lion King" all hanging here. So cool la this dressing room!






Hahaha this is the bathroom. I was too excited to I took pictures everywhere.






The view of the stage from my seats. After doing Choir, we had to sit all the way up on the balcony.




The balcony is pretty huge & it can sit quite a number of people. I wanted to sit at the box seats, but I didn't know how to get there.




The seats look comfy right?! I told you.. It's so soft and your body kinda sinks into the seats.




The statues decorating the theatre. It's a very Roman kinda feel to it with statues without the arms and stuff. (Sorry for the dark background because the lighting in the theatre is very dim)




My most favourite piece of the theatre would have to be the ceiling. The lights are programmed to look like twinkling stars and it gives me such a magical feeling to worship under a ceiling like this.



0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com