Tuesday, September 9, 2008

What is Worship to you?

Hey people reading. Today's post is kinda a little more serious compared to my previous posts. Last week, I heard this message preached on "Worship" and I will post a short outline of the sermon. I'm doing this because I find that it is so applicable to our music team and anyone who feels or goes through this too. Just be open and expectant as you read it, because maybe God could speak to you through a blog post. Don't limit God, anything is possible..

What is worship?
Usually when people ask us, "How was worship or was worship good?" we automatically answer the question based on our experience. We think that worship is GOOD only when we feel good, when we sang til tears were in our eyes, or when we are so touched by God. Is this what a good worship is supposed to be based on??

This is what he says..
Worship is a response to God and not us waiting for a response from God. Worship is not good depending on what we get out of it, instead worship is an act of thankfulness and gratitude to God. Therefore, worship is us saying "thanks" to God!

This is me talking now..
I used to think that worship was good when I felt really good, but after this message my view of worship changed. That's why I wanted to post this as an encouragement to the music team and others.

Let us continually serve God with an attitude of thankfulness. Our gratitude to God can be expressed in being committed to the role each of us play in the music team. For example we can show our thankfulness to God by giving Him our best, like turning up early for practice, preparing ourselves spiritually, and practicing our songs at home so can we bring our best sacrifice of praise.

I really wish this post would encourage and build up some of you, because all these things came from my heart. I grew a little taller spiritually after this, so I want to bring you guys along with me as I grow. I write all this with a smile on my face and love in my heart.

With love,
Sandra.

3 comments:

THE YOUTH PASTOR said...

It's a fantastic post! I have learned too. It's good to hear you have grown spiritually! Keep up that tempo!

Poh Wei said...

Hey Sandra, thanks for the post. I was encouraged by it too... =)
God Bless. ^^

Anonymous said...

Hey Poh Wei! No la, I just shared what I learnt with you guys. Looking forward to post more. Take care.

 
template by suckmylolly.com